If (Jazzrock): If
Weitere Ausgaben von If
When the finest young jazz musicians in the UK teamed up to form a dynamic fusion outfit, the result was If, one of the most challenging and exciting bands of the Seventies. The group was fronted by J. W.Hodkinson, a powerful singer, backed by superb musicians Dick Morrissey (tenor sax and flute) and Terry Smith (lead guitar). With a strong rhythm section the seven piece was hailed as worthy competitors to such American pace setters as Chicago and Blood, Sweat & Tears. ‘If’ was the band’s debut album, produced by Lew Futterman and released in 1970 in a distinctive silver sleeve. This CD re-issue features seven driving tracks including such intriguing arrangements as ‘I’m Reaching Out On All Sides’, ‘What Can A Friend Say’ and ‘Raise The Level Of Your Conscious Mind’.
- 1 I'm reaching out on all sides
- 2 What did I say about the box, Jack?
- 3 What can a friend say?
- 4 Woman, can you see (what this things is all about)?
- 5 Raise the level of our conscious mind
- 6 Dockland
- 7 The promised land
- 8 Raise the level of our conscious mind (7'' Version)
- 9 I'm reaching out on all sides (7'' Version)
Derzeit nicht erhältlich