Georg Friedrich Händel: Semele
Rosemary Joshua, Hilary Summers, Richard Croft, Stephen Wallace, Brindley Sherratt, Gail Pearson, Early Opera Company, Christian Curnyn
CD (Compact Disc)
Herkömmliche CD, die mit allen CD-Playern und Computerlaufwerken, aber auch mit den meisten SACD- oder Multiplayern abspielbar ist.
umgehend lieferbar, Bestand beim Lieferanten vorhanden
Disk 1 von 3
Semele (The Story Of Semele) Hwv 58 (Oratorium) (Gesamtaufnahme)
- 1 Ouvertüre
- 2 Allegro - Adagio
- 3 Gavotte
- 4 Behold! Auspicious flashes rise (1. Akt)
- 5 Lucky omens bless our rites
- 6 Daughter, obey
- 7 Ah me! What refuge now is left me?
- 8 The morning lark to mine accords his note
- 9 See, she blushing turns her eyes
- 10 Hymen, haste, thy torch prepare
- 11 Alas! she yields
- 12 Why dost thou untimely grieve
- 13 Chor: Avert these omens
- 14 Again auspicious flashes rise
- 15 Thy aid, pronubial Juno, Athamus implores
- 16 Chor: Cease, cease your vows
- 17 O Athamas, what torture hast thou borne!
- 18 Turn, hopeless lover, turn thy eyes
- 19 She weeps! The gentle maid, in tender pity
- 20 Your tuneful voice my tale would tell
- 21 Too well l see
- 22 You've undone me
- 23 Ah, wretched prince, doom'd to disastrous love!
- 24 See, see, Jove's Priests and holy Augurs come - Hail, Cadmus, hail! Jove salutes the Theban King
- 25 Endless pleasure, endless love
Disk 2 von 3
- 1 Sinfonia (2. Akt)
- 2 Iris, impatient of thy stay
- 3 There, from mortal cares retiring
- 4 No more - l'll hear no more
- 5 Hence, Iris, hence away!
- 6 O sleep, why dost thou leave me?
- 7 Let me not another moment
- 8 Lay your doubts and fears aside
- 9 You are mortal, and require
- 10 With fond desiring
- 11 Chor: How engaging, how endearing
- 12 Ah me!
- 13 Why sighs my Semele? - I must with speed amuse her
- 14 Chor: Now love that everlasting boy invites
- 15 By my command
- 16 Where'er you walk, cool gales shall fan the glade
- 17 Dear sister, how was your journey hither?
- 18 But hark! the heav'nly sphere turns round
- 19 Prepare then, ye immortal choir
- 20 Chor: Bless the glad earth with heav'nly lays
Disk 3 von 3
- 1 Sinfonia (3. Akt)
- 2 Somnus, awake!
- 3 Leave me, loathsome light!
- 4 Dull God, canst thou attend the water's fall
- 5 More sweet is that name
- 6 My will obey
- 7 Obey my will, thy rod resign
- 8 My racking thoughts by no kind slumbers feed
- 9 Thus shap'd like Ino
- 10 Myself l shall adore
- 11 Be wise, as you are beautiful
- 12 Thus let my thanks be paid
- 13 Rich odours fill the fragrant air
- 14 Come to my arms, my lovely fair
- 15 O Semele
- 16 I ever am granting
- 17 Speak, speak your desire
- 18 You'll grant what l require
- 19 Then cast off this human shape which you wear
- 20 Ah, take heed what you press!
- 21 No, no, I'll take no less
- 22 Ah, whither is she gone! Unhappy fair!
- 23 Above measure
- 24 Ah, me! too late I now repent
- 25 Of my ill-boding dream
- 26 O terror and astonishment
- 27 How l was hence remov'd
- 28 Despair no more shall wound me
- 29 See from above the bellying clouds descend
- 30 Sinfonia
- 31 Apollo comes to relieve your care
- 32 Happy, happy shall we be