Georg Friedrich Händel: Saul
Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau, Anthony Rolfe Johnson, Julia Varady, Paul Esswood, Concentus Musicus Wien, Nikolaus Harnoncourt
CD (Compact Disc)
Herkömmliche CD, die mit allen CD-Playern und Computerlaufwerken, aber auch mit den meisten SACD- oder Multiplayern abspielbar ist.
Artikel am Lager
EUR 17,99**EUR 9,99*
Disk 1 von 2
Saul Hwv 53 (Oratorium) (Gesamtaufnahme)
- 1 Sinfonie
- 2 Chor: How excellent thy name, o Lord (1. Akt)
- 3 Air: An infant rais'd by thy command
- 4 Trio: Along the monster atheist strode
- 5 Chor: The youth inspir'd by thee, o Lord - Chor: How excellent thy name o Lord... Hallelujah
- 6 Rezitativ: He comes, he comes! - Air: O godlike youth! by all confess'd of human race the pride
- 7 Rezitativ: Behold, o King, the brave, victorious youth - Air: O King, your favours with delight I take
- 8 Rezitativ: Oh early piety! Oh modest merit!
- 9 Air: What abject thoughts a prince can have! - Rezitativ: Yet think, on whom this honour you bestow
- 10 Air: Birth and fortune I despise!
- 11 Rezitativ: Thou, Merab, first in birth, be first in honour - Air: My soul rejects the thought with scorn
- 12 Air: See, with what a scornful air she the precious gitt receives
- 13 Sinfonie pour les Carillons
- 14 Rezitativ: Already see the daughters of the land
- 15 Chor: Welcome, welcome mighty king!... Saul, who hast thy thousands slain, welcome
- 16 Accompagnato: What do I hear? Am I then sunk so low - Chor: David his ten thousands slew - Accompagnato: To him ten...
- 17 Rezitativ: Imprudent women! Air: Fell rage and black despair possess'd
- 18 Rezitativ: Rack'd with infernal pains, ev'n now the king comes forth
- 19 Air: O Lord, whose mercies numberless o'er all thy works prevail
- 20 Rezitativ: 'Tis all in vain
- 21 Air: A serpent, in my bosom warm'd, would sting me to the heart - Rezitativ: Has he escap'd my rage?
- 22 Air: Capricious man, in humour lost
- 23 Accompagnato: Oh filial piety! oh sacred friendship! - Air: No, cruel father, no!
- 24 Chor: Preserve him for the glory of thy name, thy people's safety
- 25 Chor: Envy! Eldest-born of hell! (2. Akt)
- 26 Rezitativ: Ah, dearest friend, undine by too much virtue! - Air: But sooner Jordan's stream I swear, back to his...
- 27 Rezitativ: Hast thou obey'd my orders - Air: Sin not, o King, against the youth
- 28 Air: As great Jehovah lives, I swear, the youth shall not be slain
- 29 Air: From cities storm'd, and battles won, what glory can accrue?
Disk 2 von 2
- 1 Rezitativ: Appear, my friend - No more imagine danger
- 2 Air: Your words, o King, my loyal heart with double ardour fire
- 3 Rezitativ: Yes, he shall wed my daughter
- 4 Rezitativ: A father's will has authoriz'd my love
- 5 Duett: O fairest of ten thousand fair
- 6 Chor: Is there a man, who all his ways directs, his God alone to please?
- 7 Concerto
- 8 Rezitativ: Thy father is as cruel, and as false, as thou art kind and true - Duett: At persecution I can laugh; no ...
- 9 Rezitativ: Whom dost thou seek? and who has sent thee hither - Air: No, no, let the guilty tremble at ev'ry thought...
- 10 Rezitativ: Mean as he was, he is my brother now - Air: Author of peace, who canst controul ev'ry passion of the soul
- 11 Sinfonia
- 12 Accompagnato: The time at length is come
- 13 Rezitativ: Where is the son of Jesse?
- 14 Chor: Oh fatal consequence of rage, by reason uncontrolled
- 15 Accompagnato: Wretch that I am! of my own ruin author - Accompagnato: 'tis said, here lives a woman (3. Akt)
- 16 Rezitativ: With me what wouldst thou? - Air: Infernal spirits, by whose pow'r departed ghosts
- 17 Accompagnato: Why hast thou forc'd me from the realms of peace back to this world of woe?
- 18 Sinfonia
- 19 Rezitativ: Whence com'st thou? - Air: Impious wretch, of race accurst!
- 20 Dead March
- 21 Chor: Mourn, Israel, mourn
- 22 Rezitativ: Oh let it not in Gath be heard - Air: From this unhappy day no more, ye Gilboan hills
- 23 Chor: Eagles were not so swift as they
- 24 Air: In sweetest harmony they liv'd - Solo & Chor: Oh fatal day! How low the mighty lie!
- 25 Rezitativ: Ye men of Judah, weep no more
- 26 Chor: Gird on thy sword, thou man of might