Lee Hoiby (geb. 1926): A Pocket of Time - 21 Lieder & ein Duett
- Künstler: Julia Faulkner (Sopran), Andrew Garland (Bariton), Lee Hoiby, Klavier
- Label: Naxos, DDD, 2007
- Bestellnummer: 8766172
- Erscheinungstermin: 30.1.2009
ProduktinfoLee Hoiby's immense contribution to the American song repertoire is widely recognized, his style elegantly and convincingly bridging the lyrical worlds of Verdi and Gershwin, Schubert and Sondheim. Whether profoundly moving or smoothly good-humored, setting texts of great literary and civic value by William Blake, Lewis Carroll, Walt Whitman, Wallace Stevens, Marguerite Duras or his own lyrics, Hoiby's songs speak with emotional immediacy. The interplay between the clear, eloquent beauty of his vocal lines and frequently virtuosic piano accompaniments marks him as a composer of distinction.
- 1 A Pocket of Time
- 2 Night Songs: No. 2. Pierrot
- 3 Songs for Leontyne: No. 5. In the Wand of the Wind
- 4 Three Women: No. 2. Lady of the Harbor
- 5 2 Songs of Innocence: No. 2. The Lamb
- 6 Where the Music Comes From
- 7 To An Isle in the Water
- 8 Winter and Summer: No. 1. Winter Hubris
- 9 Jabberwocky
- 10 Lied der Liebe
- 11 Nuits
- 12 I Was There: No. 1. Beginning My Studies
- 13 I Was There: No. 2. I Was There
- 14 I Was There: No. 3. A Clear Midnight
- 15 I Was There: No. 4. O Captain! My Captain!
- 16 I Was There: No. 5. Joy, Shipmate, Joy!
- 17 Songs for Leontyne: No. 3. Autumn
- 18 Songs for Leontyne: No. 2. Evening
- 19 The Darkling Thrush
- 20 Last Letter Home
- 21 Goodby, Goodby World
- 22 A Month in the Country, Act I: Duet: I can never remember all the words#, "The Nightingale and the Lark"
lieferbar innerhalb einer Woche
(soweit verfügbar beim Lieferanten)