Hubert Klyne Headley (1906-1995): Symphonie Nr.1 für Radio
- Künstler: Anna Bogolyubova, Russian Philharmonic Orchestra, Dmitry Yablonsky
- Label: Naxos, DDD, 2006
- Bestellnummer: 3113679
- Erscheinungstermin: 1.10.2007
ProduktinfoDuring the 1940s Hubert Klyne Headley became internationally known as a composer, concert pianist, and conductor. Given the former popularity of Headley's music - Howard Hanson described the California Suite as a "brilliant score" - and its immediate emotional accessibility, its disappearance from the concert hall is to be greatly regretted. Throughout all of Headley's compositions one can sense beneath the veneer of romantic impressionism an undercurrent of greater depths that leads the listener to, as Headley himself put it, "The way I have always felt inside." A fitting tribute to a uniquely talented American composer, this recording of four major works brings Headley's music back from undeserved obscurity."
- 1 California Suite: I. Golden Gate
- 2 California Suite: II. Yosemite
- 3 California Suite: Iii. Fiesta
- 4 Piano Concerto No. 1, "Argentango"
- 5 Piano Concerto No. 2
- 6 Symphony No. 1 for Radio
lieferbar innerhalb einer Woche
(soweit verfügbar beim Lieferanten)