Carole Farley - Classic American Love Songs
ProduktinfoIn researching libraries and publishers' basements for materials for this project, I found some of the greatest American love songs ever written, a richness of music that made it difficult to choose. It was exhilarating to find unknown songs by Kurt Weill, and record them for the first time. For this recording, which covers a particularly inspired period of popular American love songs, immortalized by Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, Tony Bennett and many others, I chose George Gershwin, Kurt Weill, Harold Arlen and Arthur Schwartz who were friends, living in Hollywood during a specially creative period in their lives. As Thomas Z Shepard indicates in his notes, ?"These songs, created from the 1920s through the 1950s, represent the quintessential sophistication and elegance of an idealized world". Carole Farley
- 1 Casbah: Casbah: What's Good About Goodbye?
- 2 One Touch of Venus: Love in a Mist
- 3 Revenge with Music: You and the Night and the Music
- 4 Last Night When We Were Young
- 5 The Romance Of A Lifetime
- 6 Poppyland
- 7 Lady in the Dark: Unforgettable
- 8 The Band Wagon: Dancing in the Dark
- 9 Pardon my English: Isn't It a Pity?: Isn't It a Pity?
- 10 When the Sun Comes Out
- 11 Of Thee I Sing: Love is Sweeping the Country
- 12 Casbah: Casbah: It was Written in the Stars
- 13 Boy! What Love has Done to Me!
- 14 Bloomer Girl: Right as the Rain
- 15 St Louis Woman: St. Louis Woman: I had Myself a True Love
- 16 Between the Devil: I See Your Face Before Me
- 17 The River is So Blue
- 18 Three's a Crowd: Something To Remember You By
- 19 Life Begins at 8:40: Fun to be Fooled
- 20 The Picture on the Wall
- 21 Rosalie: How Long Has This Been Going On?
- 22 Strike Up The Band: Soon
lieferbar innerhalb einer Woche
(soweit verfügbar beim Lieferanten)