*THE MOST RELATABLE NOVEL SAD GIRLS WILL READ ALL YEAR*
A laugh-out-loud-funny, addictive book book about growing up, finding your purpose and whether everyone really does have a novel within them, for fans of MONICA HEISEY, OTTESSA MOSHFEGH and COCO MELLORS.
'Brilliant' Daily Mail
'Extremely relatable' Sydney Morning Herald
'Unique and smart' Emma Gannon
'Weird and witty' Chloë Ashby
'I loved it' Laura Kay
Maybe my main character will slowly lose their mind too. Novels usually need an abandoned woman going crazy in them. It's gonna be, like, a sad girl novel.
An Australian expat in Berlin, Kim is jobless, rootless, and - as she's slowly discovering - somewhat useless.
That is until a chance encounter with Matthew, a hotshot New York literary agent, gives Kim the direction she's been craving. This year she will:
* Finally write her novel
* Decide what said novel is actually about
* Romantically pin down the increasingly flighty Matthew
* Be less jealous of sharing attention with best friend Bel's baby
* Convince her therapist that the amount of artichokes she eats doesn't classify as an eating disorder
* Stay sane in the process of achieving the above
Because Kim's story will not become a sad girl novel.