- For fans of How Stuff Works and Myth Busters, Chemistry for Breakfast breaks down the day-to-day objects to provide insights into science and scientists.
- A practical, humorous, informative, and above all, relatable, approach to how science impacts our everyday lives, from our morning alarm clocks and coffee to Star Wars and the vacuum of space, Chemistry for Breakfast has something for everyone.
- Dr. Mai Thi Nguyen-Kim is a chemist and award-winning science journalist, who has made it her mission to "infect" people with the science of their everyday lives.
- A popular TV presenter and Youtuber, Dr. Mai Thi Nguyen-Kim's Youtube channel, maiLab, has over 900k subscribers. Chemistry for Breakfast employs the same relatable and easy-to-understand scientific explanations that make maiLab so successful and popular with viewers.
- Mai's writing is funny, modern, and open about how science impacts everything from her romantic relationships to her breakfast. If Carrie Bradshaw were a chemist, she'd love this book.
- Explains complex chemistry and science in relatable terms and concepts, making it simple for the everyday reader to relate to and understand.
- TEDx Berlin Talk: Making Science Cool https://youtu. be / 5oGSljL6mMo