A Sailor, a Chicken, an Incredible Voyage: The Seafaring Adventures of Guirec and Monique
- Heart-stopping adventure story: navigating treacherous icebergs with a chicken on the mast is just one of many nail-biting maneuvers from this action-packed book.
- Perfect for readers of The Art of Racing in the Rain: Guirec and Monique's bond is unlike anything you've ever seen before.
- Inspirational: Guirec shows that all you have to do is believe to achieve something big.
- Photographs and maps: show the epic voyage and provide breaks in the text.
- International headlines: Guirec and Monique-the sailor and the hen-have appeared in The Guardian, BBC, and The Dodo, amongst other publications.
- Large social following: Guirec Soudée runs a popular website and has over 210, 000 combined social media followers.
- Upcoming film and research: Guirec and Monique's sailing adventures have been turned into a French-language film, and they continue to explore the globe, collecting data about the oceans with the help of Stanford University and Plankton Planet, a group dedicated to evaluating ocean health, and maintaining biodiversity in our seas.
- People seriously love chickens. The popularity of chickens as companion animals (aka pets) has skyrocketed during the pandemic according to CNN and NPR, and in the UK they are now 5 times more popular than hamsters (Daily Mail).