The Best of Finzi (Naxos)
- Künstler: Robert Plane, Roderick Williams, Iain Burnside, John Mark Ainsley, St. John's College Choir, Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra, Northern Sinfonia, David Hill, Howard Griffiths u. a.
- Label: Naxos, DDD
- Bestellnummer: 8961155
- Erscheinungstermin: 30.5.2008
ProduktinfoGerald Finzi made an important contribution to British twentieth-century song, choral and orchestral repertoire. His acute awareness of the frailty of existence found its musical expression not only in his song settings, but in the Cello Concerto, music of turbulent and tragic emotions, and his great masterpiece Intimations of Immortality, a deeply touching lament for the passing of the innocence of childhood.
- 1 Robert Plane: Clarinet Concerto, Op. 31: I. Allegro vigoroso
- 2 Let us garlands bring, Op. 18: No. 1. Come Away, Come Away, Death
- 3 Christopher Whitton: 7 Partsongs, Op. 17: 7 Unaccompanied Partsongs, Op. 17: No. 4. Clear and gentle stream
- 4 Prelude
- 5 Christopher Whitton: 3 Anthems, Op. 27: God is gone up, Op. 27, No. 2
- 6 The Fall of the Leaf, Op. 20
- 7 For St. Cecilia, Op. 30: Delightful Goddess, in whose fashionings
- 8 Tim Hugh: Cello Concerto in A minor, Op. 40: II. Andante quieto
- 9 Intimations of Immortality, Op. 29: Then sing, ye Birds, sing, sing a joyous song!
- 10 A Young Man's Exhortation, Op. 14: No. 1. A Young Man's Exhortation
- 11 Dies natalis, Op. 8: I. Intrada
- 12 Earth and Air and Rain, Op. 15: No. 6. Rollicum-Rorum
- 13 Till Earth Outwears, Op. 19: No. 5. It never looks like summer here
- 14 Peter Donohoe: Eclogue for Piano and Strings, Op. 10
lieferbar innerhalb einer Woche
(soweit verfügbar beim Lieferanten)