St.John's Choir Elora - Psalms for the Spirit
- St.John's Choir Elora - Psalms for the Spirit
- CD i **;
- Künstler: St. John's Choir Elora
- Label: Naxos, DDD, 2005
- Bestellnummer: 6556370
- Erscheinungstermin: 23.10.2006
ProduktinfoPsalms have long played a central part in Christian worship, assuming even greater importance in England following the Protestant Reformation. Psalms for the Spirit offers a selection of psalm settings written largely for the Anglican liturgy, with harmonized chants and more elaborate compositions, ranging from the work of Mozart's pupil Thomas Attwood to the contemporary.
- 1 Matthew Larkin: Psalm 126, "When the Lord restored the fortunes of Sion"
- 2 Matthew Larkin: Psalm 127, "Except the Lord build the house, their labour is but lost that build it"
- 3 Matthew Larkin: 4 Anthems: No. 1. O pray for the peace of Jerusalem, "Psalm 122"
- 4 Matthew Larkin: Psalm 121, "I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills"
- 5 Matthew Larkin: Psalm 65, "Praise is due to thee O God in Sion"
- 6 Matthew Larkin: Let the people praise thee, O God, Op. 87, "Psalm 67"
- 7 Matthew Larkin: Psalm 41, "Blessed is he that considereth the poor and needy"
- 8 Matthew Larkin: Psalm 93, "The Lord is King, and hath put on glorious apparel"
- 9 Matthew Larkin: Burial Sentences, "I am the resurrection and the life, saith the Lord"
- 10 Matthew Larkin: Psalm 137, "By the waters of Babylon we sat down and wept, when we remembered thee, O Sion"
- 11 Matthew Larkin: Psalm 114, "When Israel came out of Egypt"
- 12 Matthew Larkin: Psalm 102, "My Prayer": My Prayer, "Psalm 102"
- 13 Matthew Larkin: Psalm 111, "I will give thanks unto the Lord with my whole heart"
- 14 Matthew Larkin: Psalm 42, "Like as the hart desireth the water brooks, so longeth my soul after thee, O God"
- 15 Matthew Larkin: I was glad, "Psalm 122"
nur noch 1 Stück am Lager. Danach versandfertig innerhalb von 1-3 Tagen (soweit verfügbar beim Lieferanten)