Giovanni Bottesini (1821-1889): Werke für Kontrabaß & Klavier Vol.2
- Künstler: Joel Quarrington, Andrew Burashko, Harold Hall Robinson, James Campbell, Monica Whicher
- Label: Naxos, DDD, 2004-2006
- Bestellnummer: 1137221
- Erscheinungstermin: 29.2.2008
ProduktinfoGiovanni Bottesini enjoyed a globe-trotting career as "the Paganini of the double bass". He was also a successful conductor and a composer, although only the music he wrote for his own instrument has outlived him. Many of the works on this recording emphasize the essential bel canto quality of Bottesini's inspiration, most explicitly in the dazzling Bellini Fantasia, but also in the duets with clarinet and soprano which demand virtuosity of both feeling and technique. The Concerto No. 2 is a fully mature work, from the somewhat laconic first movement, through the simply singing second, to the third, driven by a rhythmic figure typical of the polonaise and the Cuban bolero."
- 1 3 Grand Duos: Duo No. 3: I. Andantino
- 2 3 Grand Duos: Duo No. 3: II. Presto
- 3 Double Bass Concertino in C minor (version of Double Bass Concerto No. 2 for double bass and strings): I. Moderato
- 4 Double Bass Concertino in C minor (version of Double Bass Concerto No. 2 for double bass and strings): II. Andante
- 5 Double Bass Concertino In C Minor (Version Of Double Bass Concerto No. 2 For Double Bass And Strings): Iii. Finale: Alle
- 6 Adagio melanconico ed appasionato, "Elegie par Ernst"
- 7 Duet for Clarinet and Double Bass
- 8 Fantasia on Bellini's Beatrice di Tenda
- 9 Une bouche aimee
- 10 Tutto che il mondo serra (trans. of Etude No. 19 in C sharp minor, Op. 25, No. 7 by Chopin)
- 11 Bach - Overture (Suite) No. 3 In D Major, Bwv 1068: Ii. Air, "air On A G String"
lieferbar innerhalb einer Woche
(soweit verfügbar beim Lieferanten)
portofrei innerhalb Deutschlands