Charles Ives (1874-1954): Symphonie Nr.1
ProduktinfoThe two works on this disc represent Charles Ives in his precocious youth and in his white-hot maturity, at the extremes of his stylistic poles. In the First Symphony Ives is a college student learning to be a symphonist; in his maturity he would be a masterful shaper of large forms. The First Symphony was Ives's Yale graduation piece and for a composer barely over twenty it is an astonishing piece, a revelation of a young genius first flexing his muscles with the orchestra. The Emerson Concerto is one of the most radical works Ives ever created. It exists as a developed draft, one or two stages from a completed score. This performing version has been reconstructed by the Ives scholar David G. Porter.
PressestimmenR. Lorber in stereoplay 12 / 03: "Die Interpretationen lassen keine Wünsche offen, auch das Klangbild ist trans- parent und zugleich rund. Kaum zu glauben, dass dafür nur ein Aufnahmetag gereicht haben soll."
- 1 Emerson Overture for Piano and Orchestra: Movement I
- 2 Emerson Overture for Piano and Orchestra: Movement II
- 3 Emerson Overture For Piano And Orchestra: Movement Iii
- 4 Emerson Overture for Piano and Orchestra: Movement IV
- 5 Symphony No. 1: Allegro con moto
- 6 Symphony No. 1: Adagio molto
- 7 Symphony No. 1: Scherzo
- 8 Symphony No. 1: Allegro molto
lieferbar innerhalb einer Woche
(soweit verfügbar beim Lieferanten)
portofrei innerhalb Deutschlands