Charles Ives (1874-1954): Orchesterwerke
- Künstler: United States Marine Band "The President's Own", Timothy W. Foley
- Label: Naxos, DDD, 2003
- Bestellnummer: 6176448
- Erscheinungstermin: 1.10.2007
ProduktinfoCharles Ives, like his elder contemporary John Philip Sousa, was born and raised amid military quicksteps and medleys of patriotic songs. Both became skilled professional musicians in their early teens, yet while Sousa held steadfastly to the regularity of America's military pulse, Ives began to blaze the trail toward a uniquely American music. Beginning with the remarkable Variations on 'America', described by Ives as "but a boy's work, partly serious and partly in fun", all of the works heard on this disc are to a greater or lesser degree transcriptions or adaptations for the modern American concert band."
- 1 Variations on America
- 2 Overture and March 1776
- 3 They are there!
- 4 Old Home Days Suite (arr. J. Elkus): I. Waltz
- 5 Old Home Days Suite (Arr. J. Elkus): Ii. The Opera House. Iii. Old Home Day
- 6 Old Home Days Suite (arr. J. Elkus): IV. The Collection
- 7 Old Home Days Suite (arr. J. Elkus): V. Slow March
- 8 Old Home Days Suite (arr. J. Elkus): VI. Burlesque Harmonization of London Bridge, "London Bridge Is Fallen Down"
- 9 March Intercollegiate with Annie Lisle
- 10 Fugue in C minor (arr. of String Quartet No. 1, "From the Salvation Army": I. Chorale)
- 11 March in F major and C major with Omega Lambda Chi
- 12 Variations on Jerusalem the Golden, "Fantasia on Jerusalem the Golden"
- 13 A Son of a Gambolier, March
- 14 Postlude in F major
- 15 Country Band March
- 16 A Symphony - New England Holidays (Holidays Symphony): II. Decoration Day
- 17 The Other Side Of Pioneering: Iii. Charlie Rutlage
- 18 The Circus Band, March
- 19 Runaway Horse on Main Street
- 20 March No. 6 with Here's to Good Old Yale
- 21 Piano Sonata No. 2, "concord, Mass., 1840-60": Iii. The Alcotts
nur noch 1 Stück am Lager. Danach versandfertig innerhalb von 1-3 Tagen (soweit verfügbar beim Lieferanten)