Alfred Cortot - Encores
ProduktinfoThis collection brings together Alfred Cortot's complete electrical recordings for the Victor Talking Machine Company. Of special interest to collectors are the March 1925 recordings of the second half of Chopin's G minor Ballade, which here receives its first CD release outside Japan, and Liszt's Hungarian Rhapsody No. 11, transferred for this Naxos release from a vinyl test pressing for the unissued twelveinch 78rpm. All these early electrical recordings are notable not only for the improved quality of sound, but for the way the microphone captured Cortot's huge palette of tonal colours, on a Steinway piano rather than his preferred Pleyel. As a critic wrote after Cortot's 5th January 1927 recital at New York's Aeolian Hall: 'He is one of those great musicians from whose readings of familiar works there is almost invariably something to learn and remember... it would be hard to surpass his sincerity, his feeling, his colouring, and declamation of the music. Nor are many as fortunate as he in striking the mean between what is nobly expressive and what is sentimental....'
- 1 Alfred Cortot: Am Tage aller Seelen, D. 343, "Litanei auf das Fest aller Seelen" (arr. A. Cortot): Litanei auf das Fest aller Seelen, D
- 2 Alfred Cortot: Impromptu No. 2 in F sharp major, Op. 36
- 3 Alfred Cortot: 12 Etudes, Op. 25: Etude No. 13 in A flat major, Op. 25, No. 1, "Harp Study"
- 4 Alfred Cortot: Waltz No. 7 in C sharp minor, Op. 64, No. 2
- 5 Alfred Cortot: Ballade No. 1 in G minor, Op. 23 (concluding section)
- 6 Alfred Cortot: 5 Lieder, Op. 49: No. 4. Wiegenlied (Lullaby) (arr. A. Cortot for piano)
- 7 Alfred Cortot: 19 Hungarian Rhapsodies, S244/R106: Rhapsody No. 11 in A minor
- 8 Alfred Cortot: Aufforderung zum Tanze (Invitation to the Dance), Op. 65, J. 260
- 9 Alfred Cortot: Keyboard Suite No. 5 In E Major, Hwv 430: Iv. Air And Variations, "the Harmonius Blacksmith"
- 10 Alfred Cortot: Chant D'espagne, Op. 232: Iii. Sous Le Palmier
- 11 Alfred Cortot: Aufforderung zum Tanze (Invitation to the Dance), Op. 65, J. 260
- 12 Alfred Cortot: Ballade No. 1 in G minor, Op. 23
- 13 Alfred Cortot: Berceuse in D flat major, Op. 57
- 14 Alfred Cortot: 19 Hungarian Rhapsodies, S244/R106: Rhapsody No. 2 in C sharp minor
- 15 Alfred Cortot: 19 Hungarian Rhapsodies, S244/R106: Rhapsody No. 11 in A minor
- 16 Alfred Cortot: Verdi - Rigoletto: Paraphrase de concert , S434/R267
lieferbar innerhalb einer Woche
(soweit verfügbar beim Lieferanten)