The 14th International Congress on the Deterioration and Conservation of Stone, entitled MONUMENT FUTURE: DECAY AND CONSERVATION OF STONE is a quadrennial event that brings together a world-wide community of geoscientists, architects, building specialists, engineers, conservators, restorators, monument curators and building owners who are concerned about the conservation of cultural stone structures and objects. Since antiquity, the weathering and deterioration of historical buildings, masonry, monuments, sculptures etc. using natural stones has been a very well-known problem.
This conference is the main gathering for the dissemination of knowledge in the field of stone deterioration issues. It represents and captures the state-of-the-art in the field of stone conservation and cultural heritage conservation with regards to the following topics:
- Characterisation of damage phenomena of stone and related building materials (plaster, rendering, mortar etc.)
- Methods for the investigation of stone decay; in-situ and non-destructive testing
- Long-term monitoring of stone monuments and buildings
- Simulation and modelling of decay
- Technology and development of improved treatments and use of stone in new buildings
- Assessment of long-term effects of treatments
- Impact of climate change on stone decay of Cultural Heritage
- Reports about stone conservation: case studies and projects
- Digitalization and documentation in stone conservation
Bitte beachten Sie, dass auch wir der Preisbindung unterliegen und kurzfristige Preiserhöhungen oder -senkungen an Sie weitergeben müssen.