This handbook summarizes the research results on hydraulic problems in centrifugal pump design and describes the state of the art in a comprehensive way. For this 4th edition, current research results of practical relevance were included. The selection and presentation of the material was oriented towards the needs of pump manufacturers, system planners and pump operators. Much space is devoted to understanding the physical relationships as essential knowledge for correct application. The latter is supported by more than 160 diagrams and tables for calculation and problem diagnosis .
The book has been extensively updated. New additions:
- A separate chapter on "Vibrations on vertical pumps".
- Measurements of hydraulic exciter and impeller reaction forces
- Alternating stresses and fatigue fractures of impellers
- a critical study on the accuracy of numerical flow calculations of pumps
- Design of inlet housings and double spirals for multistage pumps.