The Great Ormond Street Hospital Manual of Children and Young People's Nursing Practices
Clinical skills are essential in the provision of care for children and young people. The Great Ormond Street Hospital Manual of Children and Young People's Nursing Practices provides expert guidance on evidence-based clinical procedures, helping students and newly registered nurses develop sound clinical judgement and confidence. This comprehensive resource covers all aspects of children's nursing, from the fundamentals of everyday practice to advanced care in high dependency and intensive care settings. As such, its relevance and usefulness reach beyond those newly registered; it remains a valuable resource for experienced nurses wishing to further expand their nursing skills.
Now in its second edition, this thoroughly updated guide demonstrates each procedure, explains the underlying theory and evidence, and speaks to the unique challenges of working with children and young people. New chapters address mental health, complementary therapies, learning difficulties, and the deteriorating child, whilst expanded content examines blood glucose monitoring, glucocorticoid treatment, insulin administration, diabetes care, surgical diathermy, non-invasive ventilation, and much more.
* Provides evidence-based guidelines for more than 300 clinical procedures
* Features an abundance of colour photographs and illustrations
* Examines the needs of neonates and adolescents in the context of interdisciplinary care
* Includes new material on health research and evidence-based practice, stages of development, children with complex needs, and admission, transfer, and discharge
* Complements The Royal Marsden Manual of Clinical Nursing Procedures, offering continuity to those working in both adult and paediatric settings
The second edition of The Great Ormond Street Hospital Manual is an indispensable resource for registered nurses, students, and other healthcare professionals involved in delivering clinically effective, evidenced- based, family-centred care.
"This manual builds on the knowledge, skills and expertise of one of the UK's finest children's hospital and explains comprehensive, evidence-based care clearly." Nursing Children and Young People Journal
"All children's nurses should have this book as a reference." Nursing Standard
"... a comprehensive resource for all qualified nurses, students and other healthcare professionals involved in caring for children in hospital and community settings." Times Higher Education Supplement