Master the art of APA-style writing with this newly updated and accessible resource
The newly and thoroughly revised Third Edition of Effective Writing in Psychology: Papers, Posters, and Presentations offers compelling and comprehensive guidance to readers who want to create powerful and persuasive prose in a rigorous, scientific, and APA-compliant framework. Distinguished academics and authors Bernard and Agatha Beins walk readers through the foundational and advanced topics they must grasp to generate convincing and credible APA-stye writing.
The book combines an accessible and approachable guide to effective writing with the most current best practices from the 7th edition of the American Psychological Association's publication manual. New writers and experienced authors alike will benefit from Effective Writing in Psychology's descriptions of the most frequently used and important aspects of APA-style writing.
The authors minimize their use of technical jargon and include explanations of how to create effective posters, deliver high-quality oral presentations, and publish electronically. The book also includes:
* An up-to-date presentation of ethical, inclusive writing and proper use of modern pronouns
* Step-by-step guidance on the use of APA formatting in scholarly papers
* Explanations of how to create effective posters for poster sessions
* Descriptions of how to organize convincing and credible oral presentations that leave listeners and conference attendees impressed and edified
* The basics of creating and formatting electronic documents for publication on the web
Effective Writing in Psychology: Papers, Posters, and Presentations is an invaluable resource for psychology and social, and behavioral science students at any level. It also belongs on the bookshelves of practicing psychology professionals, researchers, and academics who would like to brush up on their technical writing abilities.