- Oliver Twist
- 2 CDs i **;
- Abridged. Oliver Twist Retold for younger listeners
- Mitwirkender: Oliver Dickens
- NAXOS AUDIO BOOKS, 01/2012
- Einband: CD
- Sprache: Englisch
- ISBN-13: 9781843795872
- Bestell-Nr.: 1571445
- Umfang: 2 Seiten
- Altersfreigabe: FSK ab 0 freigegeben - - -
- Gewicht: 92 g
- Maße: 140 x 124 mm
- Stärke: 10 mm
- Spielzeit: 142:00 Min.
- Erscheinungstermin: 15.1.2012
Achtung: Artikel ist nicht in deutscher Sprache!
KurzbeschreibungOliver Twist runs away from the brutality of the workhouse only to find himself taken in by a gang of thieves run by the devilish Fagin, his violent side-kick Bill Sikes and the irrepressible Artful Dodger. Rescued from London¿s dingiest and darkest dens but then forced to help in a violent burglary, Oliver¿s chances of survival are slim, and his chances of happiness almost nil. But one member of the gang risks everything to save him - and loses everything as a result.
Roy McMillan combines an abridged version of Dickens¿s novel with his own helpful explanations to retell the story for younger listeners.
KlappentextThis is a retelling (by Roy McMillan) of Dickens classic novel, specially adapted and abridged for a younger audience. The reader is Jonathan Keeble; 2 CDs.
Disk 1 von 2
- 1 Among their other public buildings, most towns have a workhouse
- 2 The evening arrived; the boys took their places.
- 3 Oliver had been at the undertaker's some three weeks...
- 4 The journey took him nearly a week.
- 5 It was late next morning when Oliver awoke
- 6 For many days, Oliver remained in Fagin's room
- 7 Meanwhile, back at Fagin's den
- 8 Oliver was tended with all Mrs. Bedwin's care
- 9 At length they turned into a very filthy narrow street
- 10 Fagin locked him in the room, alone, for many days
- 11 It was a chill, damp, windy night
- 12 Bill and Oliver woke the next day at half-past five
- 13 The night was bitter cold
- 14 Fagin stopped to hear no more
- 15 He had reached the corner of his own street
Disk 2 von 2
- 1 And now we can return to Oliver Twist
- 2 While they sat quietly, a gig drove up to the garden-gate
- 3 Spring flew swiftly by, and summers came
- 4 Not many weeks later
- 5 On the next evening, monks went to Fagin's house
- 6 After a sleepless and anxious night...
- 7 It was nearly two hours before day-break
- 8 The twilight was beginning to close in
- 9 Monks drew his breath yet more freely
- 10 In the borough of Southwark stands Jacob's Island
- 11 Some two days after these events, Oliver was travelling in a coach
- 12 'The will,' said Mr. Brownlow, as Oliver's tears fell fast...
- 13 The fortunes of those who have figured in this tale are nearly closed
Lieferzeit beträgt mind. 4 Wochen
(soweit verfügbar beim Lieferanten)
portofrei innerhalb Deutschlands