Swift: Gulliver's Travel
- Swift: Gulliver's Travel
- 9 CDs i **;
- Mitwirkender: Jasper Britton
- NAXOS AUDIO BOOKS, 08/2010
- Einband: CD
- Sprache: Englisch
- ISBN-13: 9781843794196
- Bestell-Nr.: 8379416
- Umfang: 9 Seiten
- Altersfreigabe: FSK ab 0 freigegeben - - -
- Gewicht: 431 g
- Maße: 145 x 127 mm
- Stärke: 51 mm
- Spielzeit: 657:00 Min.
- Erscheinungstermin: 15.8.2010
Achtung: Artikel ist nicht in deutscher Sprache!
ProduktinfoLemuel Gulliver, a slightly staid ship's doctor, relates the tales of his astonishing travels. He encounters the tiny, warring Lilliputians; the giant, sceptical Brobdingnagians; the ludicrously intellectual Laputans; and the idealistic-if rather stolid-Houyhnhnms and their bestial servants, the Yahoos. An immediate best-seller when it was first published in 1726, Gulliver's Travels has remained a favourite ever since. It was an attack on the politics and society of Swift's day, but it is also a polemical, inventive, surreal, vitriolic and wonderfully imaginative masterpiece, whose powerful satire continues to strike home.
KlappentextThis year, a new film adaptation of Gulliver's Travels brings Jonathan Swift's classic novel back into focus. In Gulliver's Travels we travel into the realms of the fantastical as Lemuel Gulliver, after being alternately shipwrecked, abandoned and then accosted, is compelled to dwell among a series of extraordinary civilizations. From being incarcerated by a diminutive race to being shunned by a clan of superior horses, Gulliver's far-ranging adventures are at once deliciously absurd and pertinently revealing. The vulgarities and imbecilities of human nature are paraded before our eyes in this novel that remains as one of the most wonderful satires of all time.
Disk 1 von 9
- 1 The Publisher to the Reader
- 2 A Letter from Captain Gulliver to his Cousin Sympson
- 3 I find likewise that your printer has been so careless?
- 4 Part 1: A Voyage to Lilliput - Chapter 1
- 5 The declivity was so small that I walked near a mile?
- 6 But I should have mentioned, that before the principal?
- 7 It seems that, upon the first moment I was discovered?
- 8 Chapter 2
- 9 Towards night, I got with some difficulty into my house?
- 10 He desired I would not take it ill, if he gave orders?
- 11 When this inventory was read over to the emperor?
- 12 Chapter 3
- 13 When I had finished my work, I desired?
- 14 But because the reader may be curious to have some idea?
- 15 Chapter 4
Disk 2 von 9
- 1 The emperor's palace is in the centre of the city?
- 2 He began with compliments on my liberty?
- 3 Chapter 5
- 4 The emperor and his whole court stood on the shore?
- 5 It is to be observed, that these ambassadors spoke?
- 6 Chapter 6
- 7 In choosing persons for all employments, they have more regard?
- 8 In the female nurseries, the young girls of quality?
- 9 I had three hundred cooks to dress my victuals?
- 10 Chapter 7
- 11 In the several debates upon this impeachment?
- 12 'In three days, your friend the secretary?'
- 13 Chapter 8
- 14 These considerations moved me to hasten my departure?
Disk 3 von 9
- 1 Part 2: A Voyage to Brobdingnag - Chapter 1
- 2 I was endeavouring to find some gap in the hedge?
- 3 They all sat down in a circle about me?
- 4 When dinner was almost done, the nurse came?
- 5 Chapter 2
- 6 I was placed upon a table in the largest room?
- 7 Chapter 3
- 8 His majesty sent for three great scholars?
- 9 It is the custom that every Wednesday?
- 10 Nothing angered and mortified me so much?
- 11 Chapter 4
- 12 Besides the large box in which I was usually carried?
- 13 Chapter 5
Disk 4 von 9
- 1 I cannot tell whether I were more pleased?
- 2 The queen, who often used to hear me talk of my sea-voyages?
- 3 But the greatest danger I ever underwent in that kingdom?
- 4 Chapter 6
- 5 The king, who, as I before observed?
- 6 When I had put an end to these long discourses?
- 7 He fell next upon the management of our treasury?
- 8 Chapter 7
- 9 A strange effect of narrow principles and views!
- 10 Their style is clear, masculine, and smooth?
- 11 Chapter 8
- 12 How often did I then wish myself with my dear Glumdalclitch?
- 13 I slept some hours, but perpetually disturbed with dreams?
- 14 The captain was very well satisfied with this?
Disk 5 von 9
- 1 Part 3: A Voyage to Laputa, Balnibarbi, Luggnagg, Glubbdubdrib, and Japan - Chapter 1
- 2 The next day I sailed to another island?
- 3 Chapter 2
- 4 After dinner my company withdrew?
- 5 Most of them, and especially those who deal?
- 6 Chapter 3
- 7 But it must be observed, that this island cannot move?
- 8 Chapter 4
- 9 During our journey he made me observe the several methods?
- 10 Chapter 5
- 11 I was complaining of a small fit of the colic?
- 12 Six hours a day the young students were employed?
- 13 Chapter 6
Disk 6 von 9
- 1 This project could not be of any great expense?
- 2 To keep senators in the interest of the crown?
- 3 Chapter 7
- 4 After this manner we continued in the island for ten days?
- 5 Chapter 8
- 6 Here I discovered the roguery and ignorance?
- 7 Chapter 9
- 8 The despatch came from court about the time we expected.
- 9 Chapter 10
- 10 'I would never marry after threescore?'
- 11 After this preface, he gave me a particular account?
- 12 Chapter 11
Disk 7 von 9
- 1 Part 4: A Voyage to the Country of the Houyhnhnms - Chapter 1
- 2 In this desolate condition I advanced forward?
- 3 While he and I were thus employed, another horse came up?
- 4 Chapter 2
- 5 The great difficulty that seemed to stick with the two horses?
- 6 Chapter 3
- 7 I had hitherto concealed the secret of my dress?
- 8 Chapter 4
- 9 It put me to the pains of many circumlocutions?
- 10 Chapter 5
- 11 'There is likewise a kind of beggarly princes in Europe?'
- 12 I assured his honour, 'that the law was a science?'
Disk 8 von 9
- 1 Chapter 6
- 2 I was going on to tell him another sort of people?
- 3 I told him, 'that a first or chief minister of state?'
- 4 Chapter 7
- 5 'That our institutions of government and law?'
- 6 My master further assured me, which I also observed?
- 7 I durst make no return to this malicious insinuation?
- 8 Chapter 8
- 9 As these noble Houyhnhnms are endowed by nature?
- 10 Chapter 9
- 11 The Houyhnhnms have no letters, and consequently?
Disk 9 von 9
- 1 Chapter 10
- 2 I freely confess, that all the little knowledge?
- 3 I was struck with the utmost grief and despair?
- 4 Chapter 11
- 5 The ship came within half a league of this creek?
- 6 Our voyage passed without any considerable accident?
- 7 Chapter 12
- 8 I am not a little pleased that this work?
- 9 But as those countries which I have described do not appear?
Lieferzeit beträgt mind. 4 Wochen
(soweit verfügbar beim Lieferanten)
portofrei innerhalb Deutschlands