Joyce,James:Dubliners (Part 2)
- Joyce,James:Dubliners (Part 2)
- 3 CDs i **;
In the second half of Joyce's collection of
stories about the citizens of Dublin at the
turn of the century, the young author deals
with themes of adulthood - of loos,
parenthood, polotics, religion and of
disappointment. Rich in muor and musical
allusion, they contain some of Joyce's most
powerful and moving prose.
Sprecher: Jim Norton (219 Min.)
- Label: Naxos, DDD, 98
- Bestellnummer: 2176088
- Erscheinungstermin: 14.2.2000
Disk 1 von 3
- 1 Painful Case: "MR. James Duffy Lived in Chapelizod Because He ..." Start
- 2 Painful Case: "Meeting Her a Third Time by Accident, He Found ..." Start
- 3 Painful Case: "This Was the Paragraph: Death of a Lady at Sydney ..." Start
- 4 Painful Case: "MR. Duffy Raised His Eyes Form the Paper and Gazed ..." Start
- 5 Ivy Day in the Committee Room: "Old Jack Raked the Cinders ..." Start
- 6 Ivy Day in the Committee Room: "The Room Was Silent Again. Then a ..." Start
- 7 Ivy Day in the Committee Room: "A Person Resembling a Poor ..." Start
- 8 Ivy Day in the Committee Room: "In a Few Minutes an Apologetic 'Pok! ' Start
- 9 Ivy Day in the Committee Room: Mr. Hynes Hesitated a Little ... Start
- 10 Mother: "MR. Holohan, Assistant Secretary of the Eire Abu Society, Had Start
- 11 Mother: "The Concert on Thursday Night Was Better Attended, But ..." Start
- 12 Mother: "When She Came Back to the Dressing-Room Her Cheeks Were ..." Start
Disk 2 von 3
- 1 Grace: "Two Gentlemen Who Were in the Lavatory at the Time Tried ..."
- 2 Grace: "The Three Men Left the Bar and the Crowd Sifted Through ..."
- 3 Grace: "mrs. Kernan's Puzzled Eyes Watched The Car Till It Was Out ..."
- 4 Grace: "The Gentlemen Began to Talk of the Accident. Mr. ..."
- 5 Grace: "'i Haven't Such a Bad Opinion of the Jesuits, ' He Said, ..."
- 6 Grace: "mrs. Kernan Came To The Door Of The Bedroom And Announced: ..."
- 7 Grace: "The Transept of the Jesuit Church in Gardiner Street Was ..."
- 8 Dead: "Lily, the Caretaker's Daughter, Was Literally Run off Her Feet."
- 9 Dead: "He Waited Outside the Drawing-Room Door Until the Waltz ..."
- 10 Dead: "Gabriel Went to the Stairs and Listened over the Banisters. ..."
Disk 3 von 3
- 1 Dead: "Gabriel Could Not Listen While Mary Jane Was Playing Her ..."
- 2 Dead: "When the Lancers Were over Gabriel Went Away to a Remote Corner
- 3 Dead: "A Murmur in the Room Attracted His Attention. Mr. Browne ..."
- 4 Dead: "Gabriel Took His Seat Boldly at the Head of the Table and, ..."
- 5 Dead: "The Patting at Once Grew Louder in Encouragement and Then ..."
- 6 Dead: "The Piercing Morning Air Came into the Hall Where They Were ..."
- 7 Dead: "The Morning Was Still Dark. A Dull, Yellow Light Brooded ..."
- 8 Dead: "A Ghostly Light from the Street Lamp Lay in a Long Shaft ..."
- 9 Dead: "A Vague Terror Seized Gabriel at This Answer, as If, at ..."
- 10 Dead: "She Was Fast Asleep. Gabriell, Leaning on His Elbow, Looked For
- 11 Balfe
ProduktinfoThis volume continues the masterly unabridged reading of the short stories. It contains the last six stories from the collection: Clay, A Painful Case, Ivy Day in the Committee Room, A Mother, Grace and perhaps the most well-known of all the stories (and the longest), The Dead. Jim Norton has established a special reputation for his recordings of Joyce for Naxos AudioBooks.
lieferbar innerhalb einer Woche
(soweit verfügbar beim Lieferanten)
portofrei innerhalb Deutschlands