Einojuhani Rautavaara (geb. 1928): Symphonie Nr.8 "The Journey"
- Einojuhani Rautavaara (1928–)
- Symphonie Nr.8 "The Journey"
- CD i **;
Symphonie Nr. 6 "Vincentiana");Manhatten Trilogy
- Künstler: New Zealand Symphony Orchestra, Pietari Inkinen
- Label: Naxos, DDD, 2006
- Bestellnummer: 6343411
- Erscheinungstermin: 29.2.2008
- 1 Apotheosis Start
- 2 Manhattan Trilogy: I. Daydreams Start
- 3 Manhattan Trilogy: II. Nightmares Start
- 4 Manhattan Trilogy: Iii. Dawn Start
- 5 Symphony No. 8, "The Journey": I. Adagio assai - Andante assai Start
- 6 Symphony No. 8, "The Journey": II. Feroce - Start
- 7 Symphony No. 8, "the Journey": Iii. Tranquillo Start
- 8 Symphony No. 8, "The Journey": IV. Con grandezza - Sciolto - Tempo I Start
ProduktinfoDuring the last decade Einojuhani Rautavaara has become one of the internationally most popular and frequently performed Finnish composers. The Eighth Symphony, Rautavaara's most recent, includes a second movement Scherzo which is among the most propulsive and concentrated pieces of his later output. Manhattan Trilogy (2003-2005) was described by The New York Times, following its world première at Carnegie Hall, as "a reminiscence of the hopes and anxieties of his student years... The outer movements, Daydreams and Dawn, are cast in consonant but freely modulating chord progressions, with achingly beautiful solo lines darting through the thick textures. Even the central Nightmares movement, though darker and more freely dissonant, often has a lush quality.""
lieferbar innerhalb einer Woche
(soweit verfügbar beim Lieferanten)