Swift: Gulliver's Travel
- Swift: Gulliver's Travel
- CD i **;
- Mitwirkender: Jasper Britton
- NAXOS AUDIO BOOKS, 08/2010
- Einband: CD
- Sprache: Englisch
- ISBN-13: 9781843794196
- Bestell-Nr.: 8379416
- Gewicht: 431 g
- Maße: 145 x 127 mm
- Stärke: 51 mm
- Spielzeit: 657:00 Min.
- Erscheinungstermin: 2.8.2010
Achtung: Artikel ist nicht in deutscher Sprache!
- 1 The Publisher to the Reader
- 2 A Letter from Captain Gulliver to his Cousin Sympson
- 3 I find likewise that your printer has been so careless?
- 4 Part 1: A Voyage to Lilliput - Chapter 1
- 5 The declivity was so small that I walked near a mile?
- 6 But I should have mentioned, that before the principal?
- 7 It seems that, upon the first moment I was discovered?
- 8 Chapter 2
- 9 Towards night, I got with some difficulty into my house?
- 10 He desired I would not take it ill, if he gave orders?
- 11 When this inventory was read over to the emperor?
- 12 Chapter 3
- 13 When I had finished my work, I desired?
- 14 But because the reader may be curious to have some idea?
- 15 Chapter 4
ProduktinfoLemuel Gulliver, a slightly staid ship's doctor, relates the tales of his astonishing travels. He encounters the tiny, warring Lilliputians; the giant, sceptical Brobdingnagians; the ludicrously intellectual Laputans; and the idealistic-if rather stolid-Houyhnhnms and their bestial servants, the Yahoos. An immediate best-seller when it was first published in 1726, Gulliver's Travels has remained a favourite ever since. It was an attack on the politics and society of Swift's day, but it is also a polemical, inventive, surreal, vitriolic and wonderfully imaginative masterpiece, whose powerful satire continues to strike home.
KlappentextThis year, a new film adaptation of Gulliver's Travels brings Jonathan Swift's classic novel back into focus. In Gulliver's Travels we travel into the realms of the fantastical as Lemuel Gulliver, after being alternately shipwrecked, abandoned and then accosted, is compelled to dwell among a series of extraordinary civilizations. From being incarcerated by a diminutive race to being shunned by a clan of superior horses, Gulliver's far-ranging adventures are at once deliciously absurd and pertinently revealing. The vulgarities and imbecilities of human nature are paraded before our eyes in this novel that remains as one of the most wonderful satires of all time.
lieferbar innerhalb einer Woche
(soweit verfügbar beim Lieferanten)
portofrei innerhalb Deutschlands