Georgette Heyer: The Grand Sophy, 4 Audio-CDs. Die drei Ehen der Grand Sophy, englische Ausgabe, 4 Audio-CDs
- Naxos, 10/2011
- Einband: CD
- Sprache: Englisch
- ISBN-13: 9781843795445
- Bestell-Nr.: 9429390
- Gewicht: 209 g
- Maße: 142 x 122 mm
- Stärke: 25 mm
- Spielzeit: 284:00 Min.
- Erscheinungstermin: 3.10.2011
Achtung: Artikel ist nicht in deutscher Sprache!
Disk 1 von 4
- 1 Chapter 1
- 2 "Thats good, said Sir Horace."
- 3 "I do not properly understand entails, said his sister"
- 4 The Honourable Charles Rivenhall was twenty-six years old
- 5 Chapter 2
- 6 Four of the family sat down at the huge table
- 7 Chapter 3
- 8 She turned again towards her aunt
- 9 Since Sophy was far too intelligent to suppose
- 10 The Honourable Eugenia Wraxton was a slender young woman
- 11 Chapter 4
- 12 "Breakfast was served, at Ombersley House, in a parlour"
- 13 It was nearly half an hour later when the curricle again came
- 14 Chapter 5
Disk 2 von 4
- 1 "Mr. Rivenhall, meanwhile, had gone off to visit his betrothed."
- 2 In this sedate way they rode side by side down the tan
- 3 Chapter 6
- 4 "Do you know my cousin well, sir? asked Sophy."
- 5 Upon her arrival in Berkeley Square
- 6 One of two things must happen. Either she will grow weary
- 7 Chapter 7
- 8 "Miss Wraxton, treasuring up these hasty words"
- 9 "Miss Wraxton, vouchsafing no answer, climbed down"
- 10 Chapter 8
- 11 Once beyond the narrow streets he let his horses lengthen
- 12 At this moment Cecilia and Sir Vincent came round a corner
Disk 3 von 4
- 1 Chapter 9
- 2 It was plain from the outset
- 3 Sophys eyes followed Cecilia and Mr. Fawnhope
- 4 Chapter 10
- 5 Sophy was met on her arrival in Berkeley Square
- 6 It was at this inappropriate moment
- 7 Chapter 11
- 8 "Upon the following day, she sallied forth quite unaccompanied"
- 9 Chapter 12
- 10 "As she spoke, the door opened behind her"
- 11 "Not many minutes later, Sophy, reading in the Yellow Parlour"
- 12 Chapter 13
- 13 This reproof had the effect of making Mr. Rivenhall recollect
Disk 4 von 4
- 1 Chapter 14
- 2 Another regular caller was Mr. Fawnhope
- 3 Chapter 15
- 4 The immediate outcome of all this cogitation
- 5 Chapter 16
- 6 "Lacy Manor, which lay a little way off the turnpike road"
- 7 Chapter 17
- 8 Lord Bromford was ushered into the room.
- 9 Chapter 18
- 10 The door at the back of the hall opened to admit the Marquesa
- 11 "Within half an hour, Sophy, seated at the table in the hall"
- 12 Those best acquainted with Mr. Rivenhalls powers of self-expression
Resourceful, adventurous and utterly indefatigable, Sophy is hardly the mild-mannered girl that the Rivenhalls expect when they agree to take her in. Kind-hearted Aunt Lizzy is shocked; stern Cousin Charles and his humourless fiancée Eugenia are disapproving. With her inimitable mixture of exuberance and grace Sophy soon sets about endearing herself to her family, but finds herself increasingly drawn to her cousin. Can she really be falling in love with him, and he with her? And what of his betrothal to Eugenia?
Classic Fiction abridged
Read by Clare Wille
Clare Wille has been working as an actress and voiceover artist since graduating from RADA in 1997. Her theatre work includes Seeing Without Light and Look Back in Anger. Her TV credits include sketch show Swinging, rolling news spoof Broken News, Girls in Love and appearances in Life Begins, Where the Heart Is, Doctors and Heartbeat. She has also read Cranford for Naxos AudioBooks.
KurzbeschreibungResourceful, adventurous and utterly indefatigable, Sophy is hardly the mild- mannered girl that the Rivenhalls expect when they agree to take her in. Kind- hearted Aunt Lizzy is shocked; stern Cousin Charles and his humourless fiancée Eugenia are disapproving. With her inimitable mixture of exuberance and grace Sophy soon sets about endearing herself to her family, but finds herself increasingly drawn to her cousin. Can she really be falling in love with him, and he with her? And what of his betrothal to Eugenia?
KlappentextAn abridged reading of this historical romance. The reader is Clare Wille. 4 CD set.
Biografie (Georgette Heyer)Georgette Heyer, geboren am 16. August 1902, schrieb mit siebzehn Jahren ihren ersten Roman, der zwei Jahre später veröffentlicht wurde. Seit dieser Zeit hat sie eine lange Reihe charmant unterhaltender Bücher verfaßt, die weit über die Grenzen Englands hinaus Widerhall fanden. Sie starb am 5. Juli 1974 in London.
lieferbar innerhalb einer Woche
(soweit verfügbar beim Lieferanten)
portofrei innerhalb Deutschlands