A. E. Housman: A Shropshire Lad
- NAXOS AUDIO BOOKS, 07/2011
- Einband: CD
- Sprache: Englisch
- ISBN-13: 9781843794905
- Bestell-Nr.: 7282210
- Gewicht: 91 g
- Maße: 143 x 126 mm
- Stärke: 14 mm
- Spielzeit: 64:00 Min.
- Erscheinungstermin: 4.7.2011
Achtung: Artikel ist nicht in deutscher Sprache!
Weitere Ausgaben von A Shropshire Lad
- 1 1887 From Clee To Heaven the Beacon Burns
- 2 Loveliest of Trees, the Cherry Now
- 3 The Recruit: Leave Your Home Behind, Lad
- 4 Reveille: Wake: the Silver Dusk Returning
- 5 Oh See How Thick the Goldcup Flowers
- 6 When the Lad For Longing Sighs
- 7 When Some Stood Up From Ludlow
- 8 'Farewell To Barn and Stack and Tree'
- 9 On Moonlit Heath and Lonesome Bank
- 10 March: the Sun At Noon To Higher Air
- 11 On Your Midnight Pallet Lying
- 12 When I Watch the Living Meet
- 13 When I Was One-and-Twenty
- 14 There Pass the Careless People
- 15 Look Not In My Eyes, For Fear
- 16 It Nods and Curtseys and Recovers
- 17 Twice a Week the Winter Thorough
- 18 Oh, When I Was In Love With You
- 19 To an Athlete Dying Young
- 20 Oh Fair Enough Are Sky and Plain
- 21 Bredon Hill: In Summertime On Bredon
- 22 The Street Sounds To the Soldiers' Tread
- 23 The Lads In Their Hundreds To Ludlow Come In For the Fair
- 24 Say, Lad, Have You Things To Do?
- 25 This Time of Year a Twelvemonth Past
- 26 Along the Fields As We Came By
- 27 'is My Team Ploughing'
- 28 The Welsh Marches: High the Vanes of Shrewsbury Gleam
- 29 The Lent Lily: 'Tis Spring; Come Out To Ramble
- 30 Others, I Am Not the First
- 31 On Wenlock Edge the Woods' In Trouble
- 32 From Far, From Eve and Morning
- 33 If Truth In Hearts That Perish
- 34 The New Mistress
- 35 On the Idle Hill of Summer
- 36 White In the Moon the Long Road Lies
- 37 As Through the Wild Green Hills of Wyre
- 38 The Winds Out of the West Land Blow
- 39 'Tis Time, I Think By Wenlock Town
- 40 Into My Heart an Air That Kills
- 41 In My Own Shire, If I Was Sad
- 42 The Merry Guide: Once In the Wind of Morning
- 43 The Immportal Part: When I Meet the Morning Beam
- 44 Shot? So Quick, So Clean and Ending?
- 45 If It Chance Your Eye Offend You
- 46 Bring, In This Timeless Grave To Throw
- 47 The Carpenter's Son: 'Here the Hangman Stops His Cart'
- 48 Be Still, My Soul, Be Still; the Arms You Bear Are Brittle
- 49 Think No More, Lad; Laugh, Be Jolly
- 50 Clunton and Clunbury, Clungunford and Clun
- 51 Loitering With a Vacant Eye
- 52 Far In a Western Brookland
- 53 The True Lover: the Lad Came To the Door At Night
- 54 With Rue My Heart is Laden
- 55 Westward On the High-Hilled Plains
- 56 The Day of Battle: 'Far I Hear the Bugle Blow'
- 57 You Smile Upon Your Friend To-Day
- 58 When I Came Lost To Ludlow
- 59 The Isle of Portland: the Star-Filled Seas Are Smooth To-Night
- 60 Now Hollow Fires Burn Out To Black
- 61 Hughley Steeple: the Vane On Hughley Steeple
- 62 'Terence, This is Stupid Stuff'
- 63 I Hoed and Trenched and Weeded
The great poets
Read by Samuel West
In A Shropshire Lad, A. E. Housman recreates a nostalgic world of lost love, lost youth, thwarted friendships, unfaithful girls, male bonding, untimely death and the uncertain glories of being a soldier. The poems deal with the exuberance of youth – its aspirations and disappointments, its naïve certainties and tragic mistakes. Though written in 1895, it struck a chord with the generation of young men who fought in World War I. It was said that every ‘Tommy’ had a copy in his knapsack. It has never been out of print.
KurzbeschreibungIn A Shropshire Lad, A. E. Housman recreates a nostalgic world of lost love, lost youth, thwarted friendships, unfaithful girls, male bonding, untimely death and the uncertain glories of being a soldier. The poems deal with the exuberance of youth - its aspirations and disappointments, its naïve certainties and tragic mistakes. Though written in 1895, it struck a chord with the generation of young men who fought in World War I. It was said that every "Tommy" had a copy in his knapsack. It has never been out of print.
KlappentextNaxos AudioBooks continues its popular 'The Great Poets' series with A Shropshire Lad by A. E. Housman. Published at the author's own expense in 1896, after rejection from publishers, the collection contains a cycle of 63 poems.
lieferbar innerhalb einer Woche
(soweit verfügbar beim Lieferanten)