Die Blu-Ray wurde als High-Definition-Nachfolger der DVD entwickelt und bietet ihrem Vorläufer gegenüber eine erheblich gesteigerte Datenrate und Speicherkapazität. Auf Blu-Rays können daher Filme mit deutlich besserer Auflösung gespeichert werden und bieten auf entsprechenden Bildschirmen eine enorm hohe Bildqualität. Blu-Ray-Player sind in der Regel abwärtskompatibel zu DVDs, so dass auch diese abgespielt werden können.
lieferbar innerhalb 1-2 Wochen (soweit verfügbar beim Lieferanten)
Comedy set in Victorian times about a group bet on who'll be the last to die. A veritable who's-who of the sixties British comedy scene, 'The Wrong Box' concerns two brothers (John Mills and Ralph Richardson) who are the last surviving members of a tontine, an investment scheme set up many years before in which the last surviving member stands to receive a fortune. The pair's relatives, however, eschew waiting for fate and instead opt to hurry along the course of nature by a series of hilarious and unlikely attempts on the older men's lives. Michael Caine plays Mills' grandson Michael, a mindless medical student, and the ever-witty Peter Cook and Dudley Moore play Morris and John - Richardson's two schemingly avaricious nephews. Also features guest appearances by the Brit comedy icons Tony Hancock and Peter Sellers.
Two warring elderly brothers and their respective heirs are determined that each will outlive the other in an attempt to hold onto the family fortune, and will stop at nothing – even murder – to achieve their goal.
Bryan Forbes’ riotous black comedy, based on the 1889 novel by Robert Louis Stevenson and Lloyd Osbourne, stars some of the greatest talents of the day, including Peter Sellers, Michael Caine, Peter Cook, Dudley Moore, Tony Hancock, Ralph Richardson, Nanette Newman and John Mills.
INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES
• High Definition remaster
• Original mono audio
• The BEHP Interview with Bryan Forbes (1994, 102 mins): an archival audio recording, made as part of the British Entertainment History Project, featuring the celebrated filmmaker in conversation with Roy Fowler
• Audio commentary with film historians Josephine Botting and Vic Pratt
• Box of Delights (2018, 21 mins): award-winning actor Nanette Newman talks about The Wrong Box and her work with husband Bryan Forbes
• Box Cutting (2018, 10 mins): a new interview with assistant editor Willy Kemplen
• Chasing the Cast (2018, 11 mins): second assistant director Hugh Harlow recalls his experiences on set
• Original theatrical trailer
• Image gallery: promotional photography and publicity material
• New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
• Limited edition exclusive 36-page booklet with a new essay by Louis Barfe, archival recollections by Bryan Forbes and Michael Caine, an extract from the 1889 Robert Louis Stevenson and Lloyd Osbourne source novel, an overview of contemporary critical responses, and film credits
• World premiere on Blu-ray