Die meisten angebotenen DVDs haben den Regionalcode 2 für Europa und das Bildformat PAL. Wir bieten aber auch Veröffentlichungen aus den USA an, die im NTSC-Format und mit dem Ländercode 1 auf den Markt kommen. Dies ist dann in unseren Artikeldetails angegeben.
lieferbar innerhalb 1-2 Wochen (soweit verfügbar beim Lieferanten)
In the mid-sixties, famed producer Dino De Laurentiis brought together the talents of five famed Italian directors for an anthology film. Their brief was simple: to direct an episode in which Silvana Mangano (Bitter Rice, Ludwig) plays a witch.
Luchino Visconti (Ossessione, Death in Venice) and screenwriter Cesare Zavattini (Bicycle Thieves) open the film with The Witch Burned Alive, about a famous actress and a drunken evening that leads to unpleasant revelations. Civic Sense is a lightly comic interlude from Mauro Bolognini (The Lady of the Camelias) with a dark conclusion, and The Earth as Seen from the Moon sees Italian comedy legend Totò team up with Pier Paolo Pasolini (Theorem) for the first time for a tale of matrimony and a red-headed father and son.
Franco Rosso (The Woman in the Painting) concocts a story of revenge in The Sicilian’s Wife, while Vittorio De Sica (Shoeshine) casts Clint Eastwood as Mangano’s estranged husband in An Evening Like the Others, concluding The Witches with a stunning homage to Italian comic books.
Brand new 2K restoration from original film elements produced by Arrow Films exclusively for this release
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
• Original Italian mono audio (uncompressed LPCM)
• Brand-new audio commentary by film critic and novelist Tim Lucas
• The complete English-language version of The Witches, on home video for the first time in any format, presented in High Definition and with optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humphreys