Heyer: The Convenient Marriage
- Heyer: The Convenient Marriage
- 4 CDs i **;
- Mitwirkender: Richard Armitage
- NAXOS AUDIOBOOKS, 08/2010
- Einband: Audio-Kassette
- Sprache: Englisch
- ISBN-13: 9781843794417
- Bestell-Nr.: 8379418
- Altersfreigabe: FSK ab 0 freigegeben - - -
- Gewicht: 250 g
- Maße: 142 x 123 mm
- Stärke: 26 mm
- Erscheinungstermin: 15.8.2010
Achtung: Artikel ist nicht in deutscher Sprache!
Horatia Winwood is the youngest and the least attractive of the three Winwood sisters. She also has a stammer. But when the enigmatic and eminently eligible Earl of Rule offers for her oldest sister’s hand – a match that makes financial and social sense, but would break her heart – it is Horatia who takes matters into her own impetuous hands. Can she save her family’s fortune? Or is she courting disaster? Witty, charming, elegant and always delightful, Georgette Heyer – the undisputed Queen of Regency Romance – brings the whole period to life with deft precision and glorious characters.
KlappentextUnconventional, warm and witty, this Georgian romance by Georgette Heyer unusually begins with a marriage rather than ending with one. When Horatia Winwood steps in to marry the Earl of Rule, the disappointed suitor of her elegant sister, it is the luxuries of high society life that she becomes entranced with rather than her husband. And yet, despite the countless misunderstandings, spats and blunders, somewhere along the line, this marriage of convenience turns into the real thing.
Disk 1 von 4
- 1 One
- 2 There did not seem to be much to say after that.
- 3 Two
- 4 The Earl was absently swinging his eyeglass?
- 5 Three
- 6 In quite another quarter?
- 7 There was an uncomfortable silence.
- 8 Four
- 9 She was too clever a woman to press her point.
- 10 The Viscount, having received in Rome.?
- 11 Five
- 12 It was all very disturbing?
Disk 2 von 4
- 1 Six
- 2 On the top lay a sheet of paper?
- 3 Horatia's gyrations, however?
- 4 She looked a little doubtful.
- 5 Seven
- 6 She came aware that her hand was still reposing in his?
- 7 Eight
- 8 Nine
- 9 Never one to neglect opportunity?
- 10 Somewhere about noon, when he was still in bed?
- 11 Ten
- 12 Having visited both the principals in the late affair?
- 13 Eleven
Disk 3 von 4
- 1 He put his hand to the Mechlin cravat?
- 2 Horatia stood by the table in the middle of the small saloon?
- 3 Twelve
- 4 Horatia gave a gasp?
- 5 Thirteen
- 6 Fourteen
- 7 She was by now really frightened?
- 8 Fifteen
- 9 When, twenty minutes later, the phaeton drew up?
- 10 Sir Roland, meanwhile, had arrived in Half-Moon Street?
- 11 Sixteen
- 12 It was only six miles to Meering?
Disk 4 von 4
- 1 Seventeen
- 2 Rule wiped the sweat from his face?
- 3 Eighteen
- 4 Nineteen
- 5 Twenty
- 6 Twenty-One
- 7 Twenty minutes later they faced one another?
- 8 For once she wasted no time?
- 9 Twenty-Two
- 10 Several secluded paths led to the little temple?
- 11 The ring-brooch lay in the palm of his hand.
lieferbar innerhalb 1-2 Wochen
(soweit verfügbar beim Lieferanten)
portofrei innerhalb Deutschlands