Modest Mussorgsky (1839-1881): Bilder einer Ausstellung (180g)
- 1 Pictures From An Exhibition: Promenade - The Gnome - Promenade - The Old Castle - Promenade - In The Tuileries - Bydl
- 2 Pictures From An Exhibition:2. Cum mortuis in lingua mortua
- 3 Pictures From An Exhibition (cont.): The Hut on Fowls' Legs (Baba Yaga) - The Great Gate of Kiev
- 4 Firebird Suite (1919 version)
- 5 Pictures From An Exhibition: Introduction - Dance of the Firebird - Round Dance of the Princesses - Infernal Dance of
Charismatic Italian conductor Riccardo Muti was music director of the Philadelphia Orchestra from 1980 to 1992, which he led on numerous international tours and made many acclaimed recordings, including the first Beethoven cycle for CD. In 1992, he was appointed conductor laureate.
Muti was very much an EMI artist in the 1980s and EMI found a new recording venue in the Old Metropolitan Opera House in Philadelphia, the generous acoustic of which "enables this great orchestra to be heard to best advantage" as the Gramophone wrote in 1979. Produced and engineered by Christopher Bishop and Michael Gray respectively. Cut at Abbey Road Studios from the original stereo analogue master tapes with the Neumann VMS80 lathe fed an analogue pre-cut signal from a specially adapted Studer A80 tape deck with additional playback head.
Artikel am Lager
portofrei innerhalb Deutschlands