George Gershwin (1898-1937): Porgy and Bess (Ausz.)
- 1 Ouverture Start
- 2 Summertime Start
- 3 A woman is a sometime thing Start
- 4 My man's gone now Start
- 5 It take a long pull to get there Start
- 6 I got plenty o' nuttin' Start
- 7 Buzzard song Start
- 8 Bess, you is my woman now Start
- 9 In ain't necessarily so Start
- 10 What you wand wid Bess? Start
- 11 Strawberry woman's call Start
- 12 Crab man's call Start
- 13 I loves you, Porgy Start
- 14 The requiem Start
- 15 There's a boat dat's leavin' soon for New York Start
- 16 Porgy's lament and finale Start
This recording is an historical document.
It was recorded on May 15th – 1940, and May 18th to 23rd – 1942 and due to the technical facilities of the time cannot deliver the perfect and detailed sound spectrum of today's standards.
Filters and CEDAR machine were used with the attempt to deliver the best possible results.
George Gershwin finished orchestrating on Aug. 23rd, 1935 and rehearsals began 3 days after. A first try out performance with a limited and selected audience, was given at Carnegie Hall on Sept. 23rd, before it opened for one week at the Colonial Theater in Boston on Sept. 30th.
The New York 'premiere' on Oct. 10th at the Alvin Theater was followed by a tour starting on Jan. 27th, 1936, covering Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Chicago, before ending on March 21st, at the National Theater in Washington DC.
lieferbar innerhalb einer Woche
(soweit verfügbar beim Lieferanten)
portofrei innerhalb Deutschlands