Mervyn Peake: Gormenghast D
- NAXOS AUDIO BOOKS, 05/2011
- Einband: CD
- Sprache: Englisch
- ISBN-13: 9781843795384
- Bestell-Nr.: 7282215
- Gewicht: 200 g
- Maße: 142 x 124 mm
- Stärke: 25 mm
- Spielzeit: 290:00 Min.
- Erscheinungstermin: 2.5.2011
Achtung: Artikel ist nicht in deutscher Sprache!
Disk 1 von 4
- 1 Titus is seven.
- 2 The Countess walked with a frown on her brow?
- 3 Cora and Clarice, although they did not know?
- 4 The husky, whispering sound of a score of flying gowns?
- 5 He beat his fist into the palm of his other hand.
- 6 When Titus awoke the walls of the cave were leaping?
- 7 Titus was to be kept in the lichen fort for a week.
- 8 There was no sound in all Gormenghast?
- 9 It was on the following afternoon that Mrs. Slagg died.
- 10 A few days later when Steerpike saw Fuschia emerge?
- 11 At the end of the three hours that lay before him?
- 12 Steerpike's return to the castle's heart was rapid?
- 13 It was then that there was a knock at the door.
Disk 2 von 4
- 1 At the same time Steerpike was fighting to free himself?
- 2 When Steerpike had come out of his faint?
- 3 Mr. Flay had been sitting for over an hour?
- 4 In January the snow came down.
- 5 While Flay in his wilderness of hollow halls was brooding?
- 6 Dr. Prunesquallor sank back on the couch by the window?
- 7 The Doctor had told the Countess?
- 8 She turned on her heel?
- 9 When Flay heard the door open quietly below him?
- 10 And so, without a moment to lose?
- 11 It was lucky for Titus that when the Doctor started?
- 12 When at last Steerpike came to a certain door?
- 13 When Flay and the Doctor, in their different ways?
Disk 3 von 4
- 1 What he did not realise was that the death?
- 2 A few days after the murder of Mr. Flay?
- 3 The day of the Bright Carvings was at hand.
- 4 Then he began to run?
- 5 It was hunger that finally woke him.
- 6 All of a sudden, Titus knew that he was lying alone?
- 7 There was no one alive in Gormenghast who could remember?
- 8 For little short of a fortnight the rain continued?
- 9 Driven from haunt to haunt?
- 10 It was not that Fuschia did not struggle?
- 11 Now that the flood had reached its height?
- 12 He was altogether exhausted?
Disk 4 von 4
- 1 Knowing that he had several hours to wait?
- 2 The unwitting pageantry of the lantern-lit boats?
- 3 Titus, as the minutes had passed?
- 4 Nevertheless, the time came when the boatman?
- 5 When she turned her eye back?
- 6 All at once there was a terrible cry from below?
- 7 The boats moved out with much splashing of oars?
- 8 Ignoring all precautions, he wrenched the boughs about him?
- 9 When Titus saw that this was indeed so?
- 10 There was no more rain.
- 11 One evening in the late spring?
Titus, Earl of Groan, is becoming aware of a world beyond the suffocating confines of Gormenghast, bound by centuries of tradition onto a pattern of decaying rituals. He yearns for freedom. Meanwhile the amoral Steerpike continues to forge his way into a position of power, leaving death in his wake and nearly dying in the process. But his rise places him at odds with Titus himself; and only one will survive. This award-winning sequel displays all Mervin Peake’ simaginative brilliance in creating and sustaining the extraordinary world of Gormenghast.
KlappentextContinuing to mark 100 years since Mervyn Peake's birth, Naxos AudioBooks releases the second novel in the cycle series. Gormenghast follows protagonist Titus (now the 77th earl of Gormenghast) from the age of seven to seventeen, and describes his desire to break free from the physical and psychological constraints of the castle. Meanwhile, the Machiavellian Steerpike continues his dastardly rise to power; but will he succeed?
Biografie (Mervyn Peake)Mervyn Peake, geboren 1911 im Kaiserreich China, ist neben seinen literarischen Werken auch als Maler und Illustrator hervorgetreten. Peake starb 1968 in Burford bei Oxford.
lieferbar innerhalb einer Woche
(soweit verfügbar beim Lieferanten)
portofrei innerhalb Deutschlands