H. G. Wells: The Invisible Man
- NAXOS AUDIO BOOKS, 09/2010
- Einband: CD
- Sprache: Englisch
- ISBN-13: 9781843794332
- Bestell-Nr.: 7282193
- Gewicht: 204 g
- Maße: 145 x 124 mm
- Stärke: 25 mm
- Spielzeit: 316:00 Min.
- Erscheinungstermin: 15.9.2010
Achtung: Artikel ist nicht in deutscher Sprache!
- 1 Chapter 1: The Strange Man's Arrival
- 2 "He Did Not Remove the Serviette..."
- 3 Chapter 2: Mr Teddy Henfrey's First Impressions
- 4 After Mrs Hall Had Left the Room...
- 5 Chapter 3: The Thousand and One Bottles
- 6 Directly the First Crate...
- 7 Chapter 4: Mr Cuss Interviews the Stranger
- 8 But Whatever They Thought of Him...
- 9 When His Nerves Had Been Steadied...
- 10 Chapter 5: The Burglary at the Vicarage
- 11 Chapter 6: The Furniture That Went Mad
- 12 Mrs Hall Was Left Almost in a Fainting Condition...
- 13 Chapter 7: The Unveiling of the Stranger
- 14 It Was Worse Than Anything...
ProduktinfoA stranger arrives in a small English town, wreathed in a hat, coat, goggles and bandages. It's not just his identity he's hiding, though; he has discovered the secret of invisibility, and believes it will lead him to ultimate power. But he needs to be able to control the process, and when the terrified villagers refuse to help him, he decides on bloody revenge. An immediate success when it first appeared, H. G. Wells's adventure is at once chilling and thrilling, and one of the undisputed classics of science fiction.
KlappentextA mysterious man wrapped in bandages, wearing large goggles and a hat pulled tightly down over his face arrives at the small town of Iping. A series of strange, inexplicable events are traced back to the newcomer, and it soon becomes clear that appearances are deceiving. Beneath the bandages is an invisible man with the ability to wreak all manner of chaos without any fear of being apprehended! But instead of revelling in his power, when the invisible man finds himself unable to reverse the experiment, he becomes increasingly frenzied, embittered and dangerous. Will the residents of Iping be able to contain this irrepressible figure before it is too late? In H. G. Wells' science fiction classic, the fantasy of invisibility is turned on its head, and instead the perils of the condition are revealed - loneliness, alienation and the painful awareness of being different.
lieferbar innerhalb 3-4 Wochen
(soweit verfügbar beim Lieferanten)
portofrei innerhalb Deutschlands