Gullivers Travels Retold for Younger Listeners
- Gullivers Travels Retold for Younger Listeners
- 2 CDs i **;
- Mitwirkender: Jonathan Swift
- NAXOS AUDIOBOOKS, 10/2012
- Einband: Gebunden
- Sprache: Englisch
- ISBN-13: 9781843795599
- Bestell-Nr.: 2786870
- Gewicht: 112 g
- Maße: 140 x 125 mm
- Stärke: 10 mm
- Spielzeit: 138:00 Min.
- Erscheinungstermin: 1.10.2012
Achtung: Artikel ist nicht in deutscher Sprache!
Disk 1 von 2
- 1 A voyage to Lilliput [Part 1] Start
- 2 The Lord understood me very well Start
- 3 The emperror held frequent councils to debate... Start
- 4 One morning, about a fortnight later... Start
- 5 When the Blefuscudians perceived the whole fleet moving... Start
- 6 I feel I should give some general ideas of the place... Start
- 7 When I was just preparing to pay my attendance... Start
- 8 A voyage to Brobdingnag [Part 2] Start
- 9 All the reapers sat down in a circle about me... Start
- 10 My master, thinking this might indeed be profitable... Start
- 11 I was every day furnishing the court with some ridiculous story... Start
- 12 I had now been two years in this country... Start
Disk 2 von 2
- 1 A voyage to Laputa, Balnibarbi and Luggnagg [Part 3] Start
- 2 Thos to whom the King had entrusted me... Start
- 3 So I left and was gently placed on the ground... Start
- 4 In another room, I found someone who had a plan... Start
- 5 I arrived at the Port of Maldonada... Start
- 6 A voyage to the Country of the Houyhnhnms [Part 4] Start
- 7 I could frequently distinguish the word Yahoo... Start
- 8 The curiosity and impatience of my master... Start
- 9 Over many months and in many conversations... Start
- 10 Having lived three years in this country... Start
- 11 In the midst of all this happiness... Start
- 12 As I was looking about for somewhere else to land the canoe... Start
- 13 As soon as I entered the house... Start
KurzbeschreibungA voyage to Lilliput, The Lord understood me very well, The emperror held frequent councils to debate, One morning, about a fortnight later, When the Blefuscudians perceived the whole fleet moving, I feel I should give some general ideas of the place...
BeschreibungLemuel Gulliver sets out on a series of travels, but each time he finds himself shipwrecked in new and unfamiliar lands. And how unfamiliar! In Lilliput, everyone is tiny, and it takes thousands of them to capture him; in Brobdingnag, they¿re huge and treat him as a sort of living toy; in Laputa, they live on a floating island inventing impossibly mad projects; and the Houyhnhnms are horses! But through all his adventures, Gulliver learns to see humans in a different way, too.
One of the world¿s great works of fiction, Gulliver¿s Travels keeps all its humour and satire in this new retelling.
KlappentextOne of the world's great works of fiction, Gulliver's Travels keeps all its humour and satire in this new retelling, which uses Swift's words in the main, simplifying and clarifying them where necessary.
BiografieJonathan Swift, geboren 1667 in Dublin, 1689-1694 Sekretär des Schriftstellers Sir William Temple in England, dann anglikanischer Geistlicher und von 1713 an Dekan von St. Patrick's in Dublin. Mit seinen beißenden Satiren kämpfte er gegen kirchliche und gesellschaftliche Mißstände. Er starb 1745.
lieferbar innerhalb einer Woche
(soweit verfügbar beim Lieferanten)