Conan Doyle,Sir Arthur:A Study in Scarlet (in engl.Spr.)
- Conan Doyle,Sir Arthur:A Study in Scarlet (in engl.Spr.)
- 4 CDs i **;
- NAXOS AUDIO BOOKS, 01/2002
- Einband: CD
- Sprache: Englisch
- ISBN-13: 9789626342497
- Bestell-Nr.: 4358701
- Umfang: 144 Seiten
- Gewicht: 208 g
- Maße: 140 x 125 mm
- Stärke: 24 mm
- Spielzeit: 300:00 Min.
- Erscheinungstermin: 7.1.2002
Achtung: Artikel ist nicht in deutscher Sprache!
the first of Conan Doyle's full-length Holmes
novels. It plunges us straight into the dark
world of an unsolved murder in Victorian
London, which has links to the American West
and the Mormons. Holmes displays his powers
to solve "the scarle thread of murder running
through the colourless skein of life."
Sprecher: David Timson
Disk 1 von 4
- 1 Being a Reprint from the Reminiscences of John H. Watson M.D. Mr ... Start
- 2 Standing in the Criterion Bar Start
- 3 "Dr. Watson, Mr Sherlock Holmes..." Start
- 4 Te Science of Deduction Start
- 5 'His Ignorance Was as Remarkable as His Knowledge' Start
- 6 'It Was Upon the 4th of March...' Start
- 7 Lauriston Garden Mystery Start
- 8 'It Was a Foggy, Cloudy Morning...' Start
- 9 'A Short Passage, Bare-Planked and Dusty, Let to the Kitchen and ... Start
- 10 ' "We Have It All Here, " Said Gregson..." ' Start
- 11 What John Rance Had to Tell Start
Disk 2 von 4
- 1 'Audley Court Was Not an Attractive Locality.'
- 2 'Our Advertisement Brings a Visitor'
- 3 'As He Spoke There Was a Sharp Ring at the Bell'
- 4 Tobias Gregson Shows What He Can Do
- 5 'There Was a Violent Peal at the Bell'
- 6 "Mr. Drebber Has Been With Us Nearly Three Weeks..."
- 7 Light in the Darkness
- 8 'There Was Something So Methodical and So Incomprehensible...'
- 9 'Sherlock Holmes Drew a Long Breath...'
- 10 'Gregson and Lestrade Seemed to Be Far from Satisfied by This ...
Disk 3 von 4
- 1 The Country of the Saints: The Great Alkali Plain, Pt. 2
- 2 '"You've Hurt Me, " Said a Childish Voice, Reproachfully.'
- 3 'Had the Wanderer Remained Awake for Another Half-Hour...'
- 4 'On the Little Plateau Which Crowned the Barren Hill...'
- 5 Flower of Utah
- 6 'It Was a Warm June Morning and the Latter Day Saints Were as Busy ...
- 7 John Ferrier Talks With the Prophet
- 8 One Fine Morning
- 9 Flight for Life
- 10 'It Was, Indeed, High Time That Someone Capable of Giving Advice...'
- 11 'Outside All Was Calm and Quiet.'
Disk 4 von 4
- 1 Avenging Angels
- 2 'He Had Now Come to the Mouth of the Very Defile in Which He Had ...
- 3 'The Prediction of the Mormon Was Only Too Well Fulfilled.'
- 4 'A Continualtion of the Reminiscences of John Watson, M.D.'
- 5 'With These Words, Jefferson Hope Leaned Back in His Chair...'
- 6 "The Moment for Which I Had Waited So Long Had at Last Come. "
- 7 'It Was Nearer One'
- 8 "That Was How Enoch Drebbler Came to His End. "
- 9 Conclusion
- 10 "On Entering the House This Last Inference Was Confirmed. "
ProduktinfoA Study in Scarlet was the very first Sherlock Holmes novel. Here, in the most remarkably precise manner, Doyle produced two of the most well-known characters in English fiction. Their individual traits and their relationships, their ambitions and foibles are introduced against the backdrop of an exciting story of revenge and persistance, which starts in Victorian England but moves to the American West, and the environment of the early Mormon communities. It is a full novel, and is here read, unabridged in richly characterised style by David Timson. This is the fifth Naxos AudioBooks recording of Sherlock Holmes.
KlappentextSherlock Holmes is a calculating, rational sleuth who also exudes an almost hypnotic sense of otherness. More than a mere detective, he is rather an enigmatic mix of folklore and science, with a knowledge and wisdom, which seems mysterious and even, at times, unearthly. Join Holmes and his able assistant, Dr. Watson, as they become acquainted and combine forces to solve their very first case together.
lieferbar innerhalb einer Woche
(soweit verfügbar beim Lieferanten)
portofrei innerhalb Deutschlands